samedi 12 juillet 2014

Some Thoughts on Customer Service/Satisfaction

So recently had a front end alignment and and a pair of tires put on the minivan. Went with the same tires that were already on the van in the event that the alignment did not fully solve the tire wear problem I would still have two good tires that could be matched.



The instructions were simple. Front tires go to the back axle. Spare and right rear get new tires and go to front, discard tires on those two rims. Left rear becomes the spare.



When I picked it up the front had gone to the rear, rears had the new tires and were mounted on the front. I pointed out that I had wanted the left rear to become the spare as the spare was a different brand and diameter from the other tires. To fix this would have taken 5 minutes and about 50¢ in weights. Instead the dealer insisted I would have to pay $20 to fix their mistake!



I pointed out that there was no way I was going to pay them extra for them failing to read the clear directions. Furthermore I would do future business elsewhere if that was their attitude.



Found another dealer that did the swap for $7.



Fast forward. Time for some routine maintenance that was going to run in the $6-800 range. That particular shop has a good mechanic but surprise, surprise he won't be doing the work. Now most of the cost of this job is labour so trying to stiff me for $20, ended up costing them at least $500.



Needlessly pissing off a customer is not good business!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1mWb1jA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire