samedi 19 juillet 2014

Blueberry pancakes - some thoughts and memories.

We bought some fresh blueberries the other day, and I made pancakes. And 'wow', they were sure good. :D



It's been a long while since I've bought, or even tasted fresh blueberries, and I was definitely hestitant when it came to buying these (at a local supermarket). But they looked fresh, and package stated "product of Canada" ... so we thought we would give them a try.



My memories of 'real' blueberries have always taken me back to late-teen years working at a cannery here, and sampling very fresh blueberries 'off the line', and much later, in Nova Scotia, picking 'wild' blueberries, and then having some of the best blueberry pancakes I've ever tasted, at an Inn in Baddeck, NS.



I think I did good!! The pancakes I prepared the other day sure tasted "some good", and brought back many fond memories. And with all the 'good stuff' I added (whole wheat & white flours, bran, cormeal, yogurt, et al), I believe they were quite nutritious too! :)



Can't recall getting so excited by making and enjoying pancakes ... maybe it just turned out to be 'the time & place' when it all worked?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/WsvfGO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire