vendredi 4 juillet 2014

WD Black2 + Mac OS

So when this dream of a HD came out, it was priced at this jaw dropping $300+ : for a 120G SSD w/ 1TB data drive, all in one. But I didn't think it would fly as I thought it was grossly overpriced - and so did most tech blogs.



FFWD some months now, and I just saw it @ $179. Fair deal. So I poke around to see what Mac users have been saying about it. Oh - not Mac OS compatible. Well, not out the gate. You need a Windows to format it, and then you can possibly drop MacOS on afterwards.



what a pain.



This has the early 2000s feel when nothing was being developed for Mac OS. Big companies still do that?? Surprising, esp coming from WD. I guess I would have to BUY windows OS just to install on this bad boy, JUST to erase it afterwards to drop it into a Mac. womp womp.



Just bought a 1TB Seagate HSSD for $99. Likely the last little bit of $ I drop into my antiquated unit but I get an MBA last this yr. But I would have stepped up to the WD Black2 had it not been for this nonsense!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1o7dqTL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire