vendredi 15 mai 2015

Electronic Signature

Does anyone have any insight into this concept and how it can possibly be considered legally the same as a regular signature?

I was just sent the first document (for me) asking for an electronic signature.
The document that required an "Electronic Signature" was processed by e-signlive.com, the document itself was a modification to an existing contract with a real estate company.
Just to give a bit of background.

So....
The link to the document to be signed came in a regulat email.
An email that anyone can easily intercept, so anyone could have picked up the link.

Clicking on the link then took me to the document where the electronic signature was required. The link itself was secure, as in https,but I don't think that is even relevant - anyone could have clicked on that link and get access to the ocument.

Then the "Electronic Signature" was simply a click with the mouse on a field in the document.
Anyone could have done that.
There was no validation of any kind that the person doing it was actually me.

I don't see how this would have any hope of standing up in a court of law if it ever came to that.
Am I missing something here?
Something that would actually validate that I essentially signed the document.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1JlmR06

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire