mercredi 6 mai 2015

SO ANGRY RN! iPhone 4s: phantom data usage/data tracker

So, as I've been told, I'm one of the lucky legacy /grandfathered plan users. A long time ago, i was ready to forgo daytime mins for data - so I have a 6G plan. I knew that would suffice for years to come.

well, hold on.

I was starting to get the weird overage bills, or was coming really close - and thought that was absolutely bizarre. I'm either at work or home - both with wifi. So, the only time i'm not on it is in transit. Every end of cycle, +/- a day, i would have these one day excessive downloads - over 3G (which is an important clue). I could not understand how or why. Went over my apps, many have cell access locked etc...

Rogers has no idea as I asked a few months back They just saw the one day spike.

I have a tracker that I keep an eye on to make sure i'm not going crazy as every month, i was starting it with a bunch of data mysteriously used up.

Wake up this morning, and this was my tracker's results.



:eek:

I could not believe my eyes. 4G vanished/used up, in one day/24hr period.
Worse is that I hadn't checked the app in a few days since I was coming near the end of the cycle, and I was totally clear of hitting my cap, even though i started off the cycle w/ another phantom data download.

I'm here racking my brain - what did I do in the last day or so? yesterday, i did 15 mins of YouTube, and did it again for 30 mins walking home.

Last might, a 23min phone call over FaceTime audio: 18MB as per the app.

Where could 4G be downloaded from WHILST on wifi?? Upsetting too is the fact that I can't look @ history past my cycle - on this one app. So today being the 1st day of my cycle, i can't look @ yesterday's or the last period at all.

Anyhow, i'm thinking of running multiple data trackers to draw some comparisons. BUT more importantly:

does anyone have some data tracker faves? I'd love to look @ something pretty meticulous and detailed. The one i'm using is free - and figured it would do the job. But i'd like some more info.

Would love something that highlighted data sucking apps - or culprits. Again, out of my entire day, it's spent mostly at work or home (all wifi), with 30 mins of transit in-between. So where and how this download could occur is absolutely inexplicable.

But something is up. Again, this happens only once a month, days before/day of start of cycle. ARGH!!!

Thx ahead of time.

H!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1E8krfz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire