dimanche 31 mai 2015

Airport extending wireless range question

Okay- I have an Airport/Time capsule which works fine for both jobs, and using wireless when I'm a few feet away. However, my TV set, which is supposed to be sorta "smart", has wireless, and does connect to the airport, however, the signal is lousy...lots of lag and stuttering. It also has an ethernet socket on the back. I bought a DLink 845L wireless router hoping to be able, somehow, to extend the wireless range of the airport to minimize this problem. However, I'm having one heck of a time getting it setup. I guess I'm spoiled having an Airport where you just load the software, plug it in, hit the button and boom, usually it works. This one you have to configure via web browser and it's a bother. I thought I could use it as a wireless bridge only to find out -- I cannot. It's a router or access point only. Well, it was only $30, so not a lot of money wasted, but time and sleep. Hmmm...sounds like this ol' 845 is going to find a new home soon. I've also tried chatting with DLink's support staff and they are a little helpful-they point me to a faq and that's it
will call 'em on monday...I hope
thanks for any help

JB


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1I2Xa2y

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire