vendredi 8 mai 2015

Which computer for Mechanical Engineering

So I'm starting in Mechanical Engineering at university and my current 3.1 White MacBook still serves me well but I'd like to upgrade for school. Most Mech. Eng. software is only windows compatible so it seems I would have to run some form of parallels/bootcamp arrangement to run these softwares.

I've thought of this as a possibility: getting a MB air for work out and about campus and a Mac Mini as a desktop setup for home. Another route is just to buy a MB pro and use that on campus and as my main computer at home. The down side of having only a MBP is that you end up having to fiddle with some cables when dealing with an external screen and my external screen isn't as nice as say a iMac. I might be able to afford a low end iMac and a low end MB air for portability.

Also, one worry I have is that if I only get a MPB, I might be tempted by a 15" screen, but then you loose the awesome portability the 13" screen offers. It's not exactly bulky but it's a considerable difference.

I do also have an iPad so that paired with an external keyboard is actually pretty nice as a note taker.

Thanks in advances for any suggestions.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Fb5Y8D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire