mercredi 27 août 2014

Chess

Anyone play?



I first leaned from my father at about 7 years old.



I played with him a bit now and then until I went to university. Of course I always lost. Kind of like playing pool with him until later in life when I could win, but that is another thread..



Then I started plying with friends at university and suddenly my win to loss ratio shot up dramatically.



It seemed without my being aware of it my dad taught me a thing or two...



Of course there we a couple of guys I could never beat (bastards ;)) but I (almost) always enjoyed the learning experience.



Then I didn't play for a few decades (life you know) but then I started again recently (2 weeks or so) playing against the computer and iPad programs/apps. At this point on both types I am about a 5 out of 10.



But for me the main thing that I have noticed is that since playing chess again (at 51) my brain already feels more "fit".





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1wEOm0e

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire