lundi 18 août 2014

Yosemite Beta to Mavericks user migration

OK, this wasn't very smart but we are where we are... :rolleyes:



I've installed the Y-Beta on our home machine (which is not used that often actually) and left all the other machines on 10.9.4



My daughter is now off to university and I've prepared a nice MBAir for her with fresh apps etc. Only problem is that I would like to migrate her data from her account on the home machine. As we know the first thing that Migration Assistant checks is that both machines should be of the same OS version, so I assume a regular migration cannot be done at this stage.



Therefore 2 questions:



- Can I just lift data, say iTunes (library, prefs, playlists, etc.). Where do I find the files I need and will there be a problem with doing from iTunes 12 to iTunes 11?



- When Yosemite becomes available, will I be able to do an 'add-on migration' i.e. everything except iTunes for example?



Thanks





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1mcXBec

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire