samedi 16 août 2014

Drobo strategy?

Looking for some advice here if I may.



My setup; Mac Mini server with iTunes running 24/7 serving up to MBA, couple of iPads, iPods, iPhone and Windoze laptop. MM has one 256SSD (system and apps) with a Thunderbolt 4TB RAID attached (all media including iTunes library etc.) and a FW800 6Tb WD RAID setup as my backup drive, It backs up the MM (internal drive and the 4Tb media drive), MBA and the Windoze.



So both external drives are usually 3/4 full.



So I was thinking about replacing the two external drives with one Drobo. Just the basic one with USB3 not the TB, double the price. Looks like r/w speeds are around 130/80 so enough to feed HD, no heavy video editing needed.



I'm liking the Drobo for the hot drive swap and backup redundancy. Will probably load it with four 4Tb drives which I believe works out to about 10Tb of actual storage.



Thought about a NAS and that's why I installed Server on the Mini thinking it's a high end NAS. Still trying to figure out the Server App though.



Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts?



Thanks





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1vWctqV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire