samedi 30 août 2014

Help! Moved iTunes files, Itunes Library still references old location

I need help redirecting the iTunes library file to reference the new drive.



Running 2010 27" iMac i7, OSX 10.6.8, 12 Gb ram - 2Tb internal HD, 8Tb external



First off, I copied my existing iTunes to the new hard drive using Carbon Copy (not the suggested process - I know!)



Now, I tried the option/start iTunes method, point the new location, iTunes starts just fine and I can view all my videos etc.

The problem is that when I get info on any of the (TV Shows) files - I can see that it is still linked to the old location.

The existing library still references the original location - as it should I guess.

I have not deleted any of the old/original files - I intend to keep them as my back-up.



I have changed Preferences > Advanced > "Itunes Media Folder Location" to reflect the new location.

I have turned "Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized" On - Off - On again, no effect!



I cannot find a way to change/reset the "iTunes Library.itl" file to reference the new hard drive. If I delete the existing .itl file, How do I get iTunes to scan my Itunes Media and rebuild the library?



Can anyone help me here please - do I have to delete the new iTunes collection and start over with a different method?

Moving Tbs of files is a long slow process



I've posted the same question on the Apple discussion site, but so far no response.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1qUc6sp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire