samedi 30 août 2014

Too much storage space now

So I was looking at a Drobo.



I run a Mac Mini as a server at home. Had a 4TB RAID TB drive with iTunes etc on it and a 6TB RAID FW800 drive for backup. Both were about 3/4 full so started looking at expanding. Basically have about 3TB of data plus family and Time Machine backups.



Well, ended up buying G-RAID 8TB TB drive and a Lacie 2big NAS which I threw a couple 1TB drives into. Now all of a sudden I have too much HDD space...haha



My offsite backup is just a 500GB drive that I backup to once a week and leave at work.



Anyway, I'm thinking about moving my "user" folder off the internal MM drive onto the G-RAID. Does this make sense? How best do I do this?



All the RAIDs are striped not mirrored, any thoughts on which drives to use for what? I was thinking about moving some of the drives into different enclosures, i.e. move the two 3TB drives out of the FW800 enclosure into the 4TB enclosure or maybe moving some drives into the NAS enclosure and use it as backup, it's the slowest transfer rate of them all I think.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1B4duwl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire