vendredi 8 août 2014

wireless printing help using AirPort Express

Hi all. I have what feels like a stupid question as I cannot seem to google an answer spelled out in very simple terms.



I have a Xerox WorkCentre 3210 printer, wireless internet, and an old AirPort Express. My wireless internet router is in the basement, all the way across the house from my office.



Questions are:



1. Is there any way to connect the AirPort express to the wireless network without having it physically connected to the wireless router via ethernet cable?



2. And / or - can I connect my printer to the AirPort Express using the USB and/or ethernet cords for wireless printing? The printer will network… it has USB and ethernet ports.



I'm not a complete noob but I don't understand the limitations of how AirPort Express works. I just used to use it for wireless internet before I got a wireless internet router.



Am hoping I can make my printer a wireless printer without having to physically connect the printer AND the Airport Express (via USB cable) then the Airport Express AND the wireless router (via ethernet cable)…. which means my printer would have to reside in the basement, which is just not going to happen.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1u91eK3

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire