jeudi 5 mars 2015

RAM Question(s)

Haven't had to look into RAM in some time - and it shows. I was researching just a few nights ago as I got my hands on a MacBook 5,1 unibody and plan to ram it to it's max - 8G, and install a SSD. This is meant to hold me down until I figure out what to buy next (MBA or MBP).



So specs say I need to scoop DDR3 1067Mhz RAM. Although present, there isn't tons of choice. all good.



But correct me if i'm wrong. I can go faster speed, but not slower? Could I not go DDR3 1333Mhz in theory??



As well, I have 2 slots. Am I better off w/ a matching 4G pair, or will it read a 8G stick w/ a slot empty?



Plus does anyone had a brand they want to reco?? For the 1st time ever, i was looking at the *apple* brands that retailers want to sell you - esp after reading some tales on line.



Anyhow, thanks for your time.



H!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1aPpnhE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire