mardi 17 septembre 2013

Garage Door Openers

I recently moved into a new house.

so we have been researching openers.. so I hope this helps others

I was going to get your 'top notch' home depot brand.. but based on my last experience with the how bad it was installed by them and loud - when sold as whisper I was reluctant.



- requirements: silent, belt driven, DC Motor, battery back up - Smart home compatible.



I came across LiftMaster 8550 8550 - Elite Series® DC Battery Backup Belt Drive

I am speechless, it is super smooth cant tell it is in operations not to mention no jerkiness

it zooms up and then slows, same when closing..

the cool feature is I can open and close it with my iphone from any where in the world.. :D

it chimes 4 times before closing to notify those near the door it will be closing, what I do like as well, I receive notifications on my iphone when it is open and closing..

The panel in the garage shows battery life, plus temperature of garage..



Pricing various extremely, but I bought it for $430 installed plus taxes..



the second door I had to install a Jack shaft operated one because of space and size of our doors.. same features and frees up your ceiling as it is wall mounted.

liftmaster 8500 - once again - prices various from retailer extremely.. but I bought mine for $475 plus taxes.

8500 - Elite Series® Model 8500 Wall Mount Garage Door Opener

if any one has questions - feel free to ask - happy to answer.



Comparison:

homedepot brand $239 + $130 install

liftmaster $430 installed..

$61 for a better smoother opener and super silent with tons of features.

no brainer.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=110169&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire