lundi 23 septembre 2013

Refused Contract Extension - What next?

I've had my iphone 4 since August 2010, and officialy came off contract this August. So I went to my local friendly Telus store to see what my hardware upgrade/contract extension options were. Telus refused to offer me a contract extension unless I changed my current plan:



My Current Phone Plan @ $60 + HST

Call Display

Unlimited Messaging

Visual Voicemail

6PM Local Nights & Weekends

6GB of data



Unless I changed my plan to their current rate (which is apparently $105 :clap:) or changed my plan to something like $70 for 1GB I would not be able to upgrade. I was on the phone with retentions - It seemed impossible to upgrade until my plan was above $70 a month (retentions even recommended I don't extend my contract and I buy my own device)



So my questions are:



1) Has anyone been able to upgrade/extend their contract with a similar plan?

2) How does buying my own device work? Where is the value proposition in dishing out $700 every 2 or 3 years for a new phone?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=110569&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire