lundi 16 septembre 2013

iPhoto help please

Cue music from Twilight Zone.



Here's the deal. I've had an iPad since the beginning. I have an iPhone. I've had iPod Touchs since the beginning. I have a Macbook Air.



In the past I've had digital cameras, and a variety of MacBooks and earlier PowerBooks and iBooks.



In other words, I've had many devices with which I could take digital pictures, not to mention the various scanners and digital prints on CD. In 2007, the hard drive on a new Macbook crashed and I lost all those digital images.



Fast forward. I'm scanning some old pictures for use in a family history. I also download a lot of pictures from the net to use in the really nice jigsaw app on my iPad. Needless to say, my photostream has grown huge and I realized that my newly scanned image were getting lost among the jigsaw pictures.



So I set about finding a way that I could remove unwanted pictures from my photo stream. In the finder, I located the pictures "Masters" folder and copied it to the desktop thinking I could use the finder to quickly eliminate the images I don't want.



The Masters folder contains folders by month and by day within each month. I opened folders and trashed images I don't want. There are a gazillion folders that are empty when viewed in the finder, so I trashed them too.



Then I accidentally trashed a picture I wanted to keep so I opened trash, searched for .jpg to find all the images. I started to scroll through the images to find the one I accidentally trashed and to my surprise, I found pictures from my mother's birthday in 2005!!!!



I don't have hard copies of those pictures, they would have been on the crashed hard drive. When the drive crashed, I lost everything. Those pictures should be gone forever. How in heck did they end up in the trash of my new Macbook Air? I don't have hard copies, so NO, I didn't scan them and forget about them.



And, why didn't I see them when I was looking in that Masters folder in the finder?



Is there some secret backup of iPhoto? Are my pictures floating in the ether? It's magic.



Can anyone explain?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=110105&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire