vendredi 14 février 2014

Camino Replacement

I finally decided I need to take the plunge and find a replacement for Camino.

More and more websites don't work correctly with Camino anymore - either a video won't play or a drop-down menu does not work or an inernal link within the website does nothing.

Up till now I have copied the URL of the page, pasted it into Chrome and went from there but that is becoming tedious.



My main criteria for a replacement browser was one that allowed a multi-line bookmark bar - it's something I use several times each day.

Chrome doesn't have one or aplug-in, so Chrome was out

Maxthon the same thing

For Safari there is some add-on ot plug-in, but it limits the number of rows to five and it's also not nearly as integrated as the one on Camino was.

I wrote the developer on that and he was quick to reply - apparently integration like on Camino was not possible in Safari as an add-on

Leaves Firefox - so I tried that tonight.

So far so good - installed a plug-in that gave me a multi-line bookmark bar. That one actually is a bit better than Camino - one choses the maximum number of rows; I picked 10, but my bookmarks use more than 10 so one ends up with a scroll bar.

Then installed a second plug-in so that firefox uses keychain to populate user name and password.

That seems to work fine as well

All the bookmarks from both the Camino bookmark menu and bookmark bar were imported in a few minutes -so far things are going well - no complaints.

And the browser is pretty fast.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1eUGY7O

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire