mardi 25 février 2014

best hard drives for back ups?

Are there hard drives that are better for back ups? I seem to be having an issue lately with hard drives going bad, or at least cannot be read in the 4 bay hard drive enclosure I have. Does not seem to be limited to what I have now (Vantec HX4 Vantec ? NexStar HX4 - NST-640SU3-BK- Quad 3.5" SATA to USB 3.0 & eSATA External Hard Drive Enclosure w/ Fan) as it happened with a 4 bay hard drive dock. The hard drives just stop being able to be read.



I have been trying different solutions, switched from the external hard drive bays to the Vantec HX4 which is all internal and has a fan to help with heat. Not sure what would be causing these drives to be unreadable like this, most of the time they just sit plugged in, they are older back ups that I do not really access to often.



The hard drives are Seagates or Western Digital (black, caviar blue, green) Currently the Green is still working with no issues.



Really trying to narrow down whats causing my problems. Be it hard drives that are not meant to be used in this way, or if I am just the unluckiest man in the world getting these external devices that hate my hard drives or like to destroy them.



They have all been going through USB3 to my Retina MacBook pro running latest updates of OS X.



Any thoughts?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1mFJTp1

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire