mardi 11 février 2014

iMac 24"need more advice/suggestions

The iMac 24" is being repaired and as John Clay suggested it was a pooched hard drive. With help from pm-r , I looked deeper than ever before into the Disk Utility. Genius Bar appointment verified the hard drive failure and not repairable. My camera in my Mac Mini was really helpful in taking images of information that came up on screen. Superior to written notes.



While I am waiting for the phone call to pick her up I am considering my back up choices. Many posters have in the past, suggested Carbon Copy and others. Notice there is a very inexpensive app available called Intego Backup Express which was give 41/2 stars by Tech Radar.



I have the back up hard drive for the iMac 24" for which I used Time Machine. After some of my reading today I noted complaints about Mavericks interfering with the back up of data and in some cases losing data. I had installed Mavericks on the iMac…..oh darn. Have to wait and see.



I am going to add a back up for my MacBookPro today. Something I have been thinking about for awhile and not done and better get off my duff and do it before this quietly gurgling hard drive starts growling or worse.



Suggestions for back up programs other than Time Machine and why would be very appreciated.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1gqk4lF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire