lundi 24 février 2014

iMac Optical Drive problem

Alright so I bought the "Hitachi-LG CA30N internal Blu-ray/DVD Burner" for my iMac from OWC. I had no issues installing the drive, just a really strange issue using the drive. So my problem is this, If I put any optical media in the drive (be it Blu-ray, DVD or CD) the drive does nothing. It accepts the disc but thats it. If I try to open disk utility or any other application tied to the optical drive, it'll freeze requiring me to Force Quit the specific app. Then i'll have to restart & hold the eject key to get the disc out. Heres where it gets interesting though, if i boot into the restore partition and run disc utility from there it will work fine. furthermore it works 100% under bootcamp & windows 7. so far i've tried reinstalling Mac OS X 10.9.1 twice (both times not using my time machine back up). NO GO. I've also tried Mac OS X 10.8.5 with no luck. Same issue that originally stated. I've already done 1 RMA to OWC and that hasn't helped my case. I've also talked in great length with OWC tech support and they have no idea why it's doing this. Technically the drive is 100% and works. Like i've said It works fine under Windows 7 (Bootcamp) & in the OSX Mavericks restore partition under disc utility. It just won't work in standard booted OS X. Anyone have any ideas on why this is or maybe anything I could try to get it to work? :confused:





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1h68Wg1

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire