jeudi 20 février 2014

Hybrid Laptop Drives

So I'm looking around for a new laptop drive and just recalled the the hybrid drives that had made their splash a few yrs back: the SSD / HDD mix was nice on paper for sure.



But As I look around, it seems they've all but vanished from the market. Did something happen? I took a look @ the WD Black 2. As much as it looked like the best one I've seen on paper, 120 SSD + 1G HDD, it's true (as reviews have mentioned) that it's grossly overpriced. Somewhere around $340. Added to that, the SSD benchmarks aren't the greatest.



This is for an aging lap (thought hourly use) and i'm not sure I want to sink near $400 into it. Which is also why i've shied away from SSDs. But I do need the room. I'm looking at picking up a >= 750G.



Anyone here a hybrid drive owner?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1l0Ktfn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire