jeudi 13 février 2014

"Another device is using your computer's IP address" error.

I have been getting this alert:


My network configuration is thus:

  • DSL arrives through a 2Wire (Bell) modem with the WiFi turned off (provides DHCP)

  • An Airport Extreme in Bridge Mode provides WiFi

  • An Airport Express extends the WiFi by WDS

  • A MB, a MBP-17, an iPhone 4S and a 5, and a (soon to be 2) !st gen iPad(s) connect.


Most of the time the network performs flawlessly, but occasionally this error (see above pic) occurs and the way I have been remedying it is to reboot the modem - it being the (only) source of DHCP. It seems to occur when one of the phones is woken up but that could be just serendipity.



Is there a solution to prevent this?



Can I assign a fixed 192.168.*.* IP address to each device? How?



Should (assuming I can) I assign addresses to the two routers?



Any other suggestions?



TIA ;)








via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1jdRsOg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire