jeudi 20 février 2014

How to retain consistent color when exporting to PDF?

Mac OSX10.6.8 InDesign CS6.



I've created a design for a flowing graphic "wave" across an office window 20 ft wide. The only colour is Pantone #301 (blue), and there are gradients from 10% to 80%.

The PC sign supplier wants a high res PDF to print on a flexible vinyl material. When I export to PDF, the colors change on my screen and go from blue to a grayish-blue tone.



1) If I don't do anything, but send the PDF, will the final output be close to what I see on my screen, or what the InDesign color palette specifies?



2) When I export to PDF, I see several options. I've tried several variations, and it does not bring the image closer to Pantone #301. What else can I do to assure I get the Pantone color?...



Here is the process and options:

- Pantone #301 is only color specified in InDesign.

- EXPORT to PDF.

- QUALITY - Press

- COMPATIBILITY - options from PDF 1.4 to 1.7. Which is the best to use?

- OUTPUT - COLOR -

Conversion to Destination... or Not?

Destination - many, many choices! Which one to use?

Profile Inclusion? Not sure what that does.

Ink Manager - It gives an option for "Spot to Process". Should I chose that?



Any help you can provide will be tremendous! We can't have the wrong color output in their window!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1d7SGX8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire