jeudi 22 août 2013

Email, iCloud and Local Drive

I just got a MacBook Air with a 256GB HD. It's awesome but space is precious and I'm realizing that I don't understand how Mail really works. Or maybe I do and I need confirmation. On my desktop I have 30k emails - many with attachments and I think it's taking up a lot of space somewhere!? I'm worried that if I set up my Mail on my Air it will download all of my email and all the attachments and take up more space than I want it to. Or does it store it in the cloud and the Mail window is more of browser (unless I pull emails into a local folder on my Mac)? Where do you see how much space your email is taking up?



I just want to understand how this is all handled before "I taint the Air". I don't need email on this particular computer but if Mail is handled in a way that won't take up a lot of space then I will sync.



*I just looked in Settings>iCloud on my desktop and learned that Mail is taking up 6.8GB in the cloud. I pay for an extra 20GB so it's not a problem there but I don't want 6.8GB worth of email on my Air*





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=108841&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire