dimanche 11 août 2013

RIP Eydie Gorme

(CNN) -- Singer Eydie Gorme, who enjoyed decades-long success as half of the duo Steve & Eydie and as a solo artist in her own right, has died. She was 84.



She is best known in the English-speaking world for her 1963 Grammy-nominated "Blame it on the Bossa Nova." In the Spanish-speaking market, Gorme's major hit was 1964's "Amor."



Gorme died Saturday in Las Vegas after a brief illness, her publicist said -- without disclosing what had ailed her.



Her husband Steve Lawrence, her son and other family members were by her side at the time.



"Eydie has been my partner on stage and in life for more than 55 years. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her and even more the first time I heard her sing," Lawrence said.



Singer Eydie Gorme dies at 84 - CNN.com





I always liked her music. I can recall watching she and Steve Lawrence on Steve Allen's "The Tonight Show" when I was a boy.



Here is my favorite song she sang so well. Guess I shall be humming it all day.








via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=108378&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire