jeudi 29 août 2013

iMac as the sole device in home theatre

I am considering using an iMac as the sole device in a home theatre.



I plan to cut-the-cable, so broadcast TV is of no concern. I suppose some sort of USB video device could be added if I want it back.



I expect iTunes to replace my Apple TV. I expect to use the DVD drive (internal or external) to replace my DVD player. I expect to use Safari or Firefox to connect to Netflix as well as websites like CBC.ca and CTV.ca.



Sound would be through my existing surround-sound receiver and speakers.



Control would be with a wireless keyboard & mouse, possibly the Magic Trackpad.



Has anyone else tried this?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=109121&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire