samedi 17 août 2013

unable to login my return key doesn't work

Macbook 13". I wiped my keyboard with a damp sponge (...perhaps this caused the problem?). Now I can't login to my Macbook, as I set it to require the password. However when I type in the (easy 5-letter) password, and hit the enter key, I just see an extra dot. :( Since I am the sole user a very strong password was not really needed, FTW...



FWIW, I did use a hair-dryer thinking that maybe some moisture had seeped into the keyboard, and I also placed the macbook in a plastic bag with a bunch of those siccative bags the come with cameras and other electronics.



No success. :(



Is there some way of disabling the password requirement from the install OS/X CD? At least, I would be able to get in and use the trackpad or a mouse.

I've had this Macbook barely over 2 years, and now I am using my trusty (5-year-old) Asus netbook with LINUX to write this message.)



TIA...





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=108722&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire