jeudi 18 décembre 2014

Not sure about the direction Apple is going.

Installed OS X on my old 2009 iMac i7 as I was going to get prepared for newer hardware.



What a mistake. Constantly crashes on the sleep wake cycle. I can’t use fliqlo at all. Running any of the ultility programs and online suggested fixes do not work. Had to completely disable the screensaver and the sleep wake cycle still locks up the machine.



Never had any problems with 10.6 or 10.7. I tried the 10.8 and 10.9 versions, and quickly took them off as I didn’t like them. Seeing that new harware like the retina iMac and retina Macbook require it, thought I would try to get used to it. Windows 7 works far better than Yosemite on my iMac, which is truly sad. I don’t dare install Yosemite on my Macbook Pro. The problems OS X are now giving me are among the reasons that I switched from Windows in the first place. It no longer, "just works", like it used to.



Apple operating systems were once simplistically beautiful in a Zen like way with perfect functionality. Those days seem to be gone. The last few updates of iLife applications have not been improvements at all. The simplified functional and intuitive way the Apple operating system and applications once worked is now a thing of the past and seems to be getting worse and increasingly annoying, not better, with each update.



Apple should consider naming their OS after fruit. I would suggest they rename Yosemite “Lemon”. Maybe the next edition will be Banana Peel.



As I can’t run OS X 10.6 or 10.7 on new Apple computers, I am seriously considering switching to new hardware running Windows. As laptops go, I can no longer get a 17” or matte screen or internal optical drive. I can get high performance windows laptops that can run 32gb of ram, have dual hard drives, dual videocards that can be removed and upgraded, etc. No such option through Apple. My last reliable 17” Macbook Pro was a 2010 which was useless due to the 8gb ram limitation. My 2011 Macbook Pro was a self destructing unreliable nightmare. I had to go to a small 13” Macbook Pro, I want a 17” screen and more than 16gb of ram. If I want a retina Macbook I have to buy it pre configured from Apple, and can't upgrade it. Same with the new Mac Mini. Not good.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1C7Vh18

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire