mardi 30 décembre 2014

Best Option to run OS incompatible software?

I have a number of Macs still running Snow Leopard because upgrading them to a later Mac OS would make some existing applications and periphrals incompatible.

I realize these Macs have to be upgraded at some time, but now is not the time.



Some of these Macs also need to run the GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting software by Citrix.

Until a short while ago that was no problem becausethe Citru=ix softwareran just fine with OS10.6 - then Citrix decided that newerversions of their softwarewill only run with Mac OS10.7 and up and suddenly, over night, with absolutely no warning, the software that people paid for no longer worked on their Mac.

How can that happen?

Well, it turns out that Citrix downloads the latest version of their software to the Mac automatically without the users knowledge and that new version is no longer compatible with SL.

Hard to believe but true.



I would like to know how they download and install softwareon the Mac without authorization, but that is a topic for another day.



Right now I would like to determine what the best options are to run both 10.6 and 10.7 (or 10.8) on the same Mac.

I assume I can just partition the harddrive and run 10.6 with all the existing data on one partition and 10.7 (or 10.8) on the other partition but that would mean I need to reboot every time I switch Mac OSs.

Arethere any better options?

Bottom line: I need to run 10.6 99% of the time and 10.7 only for an hour once a week for the Citrix software.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=129353&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire