samedi 20 décembre 2014

Spotlight on an empty stage

(I've posted this twice--probably not cool. First I searched and found a rant from 2013, and posted this there. Then I doubted I'd find an answer or even enough sympathy there (:o) so I'm starting this new thread...)



I just found and registered for Eh to figure Spotlight's empty field out. Ever since I upgraded this Macbook Pro to 10.8.5 (it's a 2012-ish 2GHz Intel i7 with 4 GB, bought when I dumped hot coffee on my previous Macbook Pro), the Searchlight is stumped. Empty! Used to be, I could type in a letter or two and instantly WHAM! my sought item was somewhere in the list. 1 second. Now it can't find anything.



Not just the external, now-full external hard drive, but even on the Pro's hard drive itself. Just now, for e.g., was trying to load a photo of my 2 dogs (now down to 1) for my profile pic, can't find the 'yin-yang' titled photo. It used to be amazing. It's true that my external hard drive (where I believe that photos resides) has been often unplugged, whereas it used to be permanently USB'd when it still had room, but it may be on for days and still I get ... blank. It offers "Search Web for ___" or "Search Wikipedia for ___." That's it!



How can I force the system to re-index the lot and get me back to where I had been?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1zNVE1u

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire