jeudi 25 décembre 2014

After working on iMacs innards,it shuts down on start-up..

Mid 2011 imac 20.5" with a bad optical drive:



I decided remove the OD and clean out the dust. Although I'd gone to iFixit and read the instructions, I still managed to yank out the display data cable's fragile connector but it looked to be ok.

Put everything back, and although there was a boot chime, just a black screen.



Opened it up again and found the display data cable was disconnected. Closed it up again, and this time the iMac booted up fine and ran great, except some fan was running at high speed. Turns out I had the re-install the OD heat sensor, which I'd removed initially with the OD.

In all I removed the screen 3 times (trouble with screen screws disappearing under the frame magnets caused me some grief) and it's all back together but this time it boots up briefly then shuts down.

I've done some googling on the matter and it seems to refer mostly to hard drive failure or bad sectors, which I don't believe applies in my case.

Mainly because of the flimsy display connector, I don't want to dismantle the display again to look for a loose cable unless that would be the opinion on someone here who knows more on the matter than I do...

Any suggestions?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1x5WEwQ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire