mardi 16 décembre 2014

Old iMac HD/SSD question

I've just installed an SSD in place of my original HD in an early 2009 24" iMac.



It's fairly small, and doesn't have enough room for my iPhoto and iMovie libraries. For these libraries, I'd like to avoid having to have an external drive plugged in, and was considering adding a second dedicated drive to the optical drive bay. I have a few possible scenarios that I might choose, and would like some input if possible:



Scenario 1: Use HD I removed from iMac in the optical drive bay and keep new SSD in original HD location.



Question: Would I need a caddy to hold the HD in place in the optical drive bay, or is the HD the same width as the optical drive and able to be secured on its own?



Question: I know there's a temperature sensor for the optical drive location, but would the fan on that side of the computer be able to sufficiently cool the HD?



Scenario 2: Put HD I removed back in its original spot and put the SSD in the optical drive bay with a caddy to hold it in place.



Scenario 3: Purchase additional SSD and put in optical drive bay. More expensive, and not sure if I want to go this route with the age of this computer.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1qYCVym

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire