mercredi 24 décembre 2014

SSD with OS 10.10 revert to OS 10.9

My friend had someone to replace the stock HDD with a SanDisk Extreme II SSD in her 13-in. MBP. This person installed OS 10.9 for my friend and had Trim Enabler running.



A few weeks ago my friend upgraded the OS to 10.10, not knowing the issue with Trim Enabler. She started to worry about the performance of the SSD over time and its longevity. She asked me if I could revert the OS to 10.9 so Trim Enabler could be used again.



After backing up the files on the SSD, I am thinking about doing a clean install of OS 10.9 with simply erasing the SSD and installing the OS. Note that I would do a simple erase drive, not a secure erase. Once OS 10.9.5 is installed, I would activate Trim Enabler.



Is this the proper way?



Or should I run Trim Enabler on the SSD first before erasing it? i.e. hooking up her MBP via target mode and launch Trim Enabler to run the trim operation, then disconnect the target mode setup and do the OS 10.9 installation.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1EfJ0wi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire