lundi 15 décembre 2014

For Sale 2009 17" mbp as is

FOR SALE MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.8 17" Mid-2009 Serial # w89490z58ya. Bought in December 2009. This particular example is plain vanilla as far as the specs go.



It is in excellent cosmetic condition. There is a bit of finger burnishing on the track pad. The machine is/was my wife's and it seldom left the house. It has been exceptionally well cared for. The screen is perfect, as is the trackpad, keyboard, etc. Everything was functioning well. The case is pristine - no dings, scratches or anything of that sort except for small skuffs around the feet which seems (in my experience) to be pretty normal. I will be putting up pictures shortly.



Etiology of the issue. For the last several months it has put up the "service battery" then "change battery". We took it to the Genius(?) Bar two or three times but each time the (alleged) Genius said that 'no, the battery was OK' and did the usual SMC and PRAM resets (which I had already done myself).



About 2 weeks ago the machine failed to boot at all. This time Genius said it was the battery!! So we had to leave it to be replaced. 48hrs later, we got the call that it was ready. When we got there it still would not boot. The Genius managed to get it to boot when on charger a couple of times and suggested the issue was the hard drive but I could not figure that symptoms pointed to a HD issue.



SWMBO had a xmas project to get finished so we paid for the battery replacement ($260!!) and took the machine home. When we got home it would not boot - power supply of not. The battery charges OK.



But frankly, I don’t think the battery ever was the real issue (or the HD for that matter)!! although the battery did indeed definitely need replacing. As per the Genius suggestion re the hard drive, I removed the drive for testing. I have a NewerTech Universal USB drive kit and when connected to my own computer it worked perfectly.



My wife had been thinking of getting a smaller, lighter machine anyway, the nearest Apple Store (and the fact that repair would likely equal the cost of a replacement more or less) being a 150km round trip and the 17” is 5 years old so we have ordered a 13” MBP refurb.



So the 17” is available “AS IS”. “As is” is as described with hard drive removed. I want to keep the drive for security reasons and as backup in restoring services of SWMBO on the new computer. I suspect that is a project such as this a hard drive really isn’t that big a deal anyway.



Asking $350 + shipping considering the battery is brand new and it really is cosmetically exceptional. I will entertain offers. PM me if interested.



Also available InCase neoprene-foam sleeve designed for the 17”MBP. PM offers.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1yUsT43

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire