jeudi 14 novembre 2013

Permissions problem

I've recently switched to Plex to look after my media files on my DLink DNS 325 NAS server. Plex scans regularly, as it should, and picks up most new files as they are added to the NAS.



I say most - but not all media files are added. For some reason, it won't pick up all files, even though they were all created with the same software and all are MP4 files.



I've asked about this previously on here, and somebody suggested that it could be connected with File Permissions.



So I checked that, and found something strange. The 2 WD Red 1TB drives in my NAS are mounted properly, but when I check them in "Get Info", I see that they are set to "Custom Access" with an "(Unknown)" owner.



When I try to "Choose New Owner" for them, I can see no existing names (i.e. there's no drop down), and the name I use to mount them tells me "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission."



If I use the User Name I have on the machine - it's an Admin account - I'm told "The name you entered isn’t valid."



Is it normal to not have an owner for NAS drives? Shouldn't I be able to give them an owner name?



And finally, does this all matter anyway? As I said, Plex doesn't pick everything up - but is that for some other reason, or is it linked to this Permissions problem.



Anybody have any suggestions - all welcome!



Walt





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113394&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire