samedi 23 novembre 2013

iBank

I've been dyed-in-the-wool Quicken for many years so when I switched to Apple I installed Parallels to keep running the Windows version. I looked at Apple alternatives for our personal accounting with investments but wasn't happy with OS alternatives and did not want to use a cloud service. Now iBank 5 is out I decided to download the trial version and give it a try alongside Quicken. Has a 30-day free trial.



Off to a great start: simply exported a QIF version from Quicken and imported that QIF file into iBank. Even the investment cost basis and history is dead on. Need to go back and do a separate export/import for the US$ account to get it in US$.



Canadian banks apparently do not support the direct download software so I will give the web download method a trial run to see how cumbersome it is.



But I see a comment on a forum from a year ago that iBank does not update Canadian securities, but Quicken does. That would be a deal-breaker.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113778&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire