samedi 16 novembre 2013

Disk Utility Report on SSD

Decided to boot off a recent Clone on my external FW drive and run Disk Utility Verify Disk on my Main SSD on my MBP. I was a bit surprised at the errors in came up with that needed fixing:



Volume bitmap needs minor repair for orphaned blocks.

Invalid volume free block count. Should be 68418697 instead of 68377842.

The Volume ____ was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.



I ran the repair and got:

Volume was repaired successfully.

Updating boot support partition for the volume as required.



I guess it's been some time since I checked with Disk Utility from another boot drive.



But I'm wondering now if Disk Utility is meant to accurately check and repair SSDs.



And then, running Disk Warrior at the same time reported that 41% was out of order. Alsoft says it's safe to run DW on an SSD but other places say no way.



I'm a bit skeptical, curious and a bit shaken concerning my expensive SSD. Any need to be?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113450&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire