jeudi 21 novembre 2013

Shopping for a new voice + data plan

Hello,



I've been a Fido customer for a while now and after my contract came to an end, they upped my bill from 55$ be4 tax to 75$ be4 with no forewarning! I was pretty pissed. The reason is that I had a retentions plan w/ 6GB data and two 10$ rebates that just ended at the end of my contract. I was planning on paying the last two months in one fell swoop when I noticed the increase. I was pissed and they accepted to reimburse me only 18 of the 40$ they overcharged me (not really an overcharge but you get what I'm saying). So, I'm pretty miffed with Fido and told them that if a customer that's been loyal to their company for 6 years isn't worth the extra 20$ to keep me happy, then I'll take my business elsewhere. The plans retentions offered me where not interesting and were all 60$ + for 1GB of data (instead of the 6 I have now).



I find that Fido 3G is deathly slow all to often. Just ridiculously slow. I'm thinking of switching to Bell. Anyway, it just seems that all the plans that are available have very little data these days. I'm still holding out, hoping for some kind of Christmas promotion so I can sign a contract and get a new iPhone since my iPhone4 is getting a little long in the tooth. I've called Telus, Rogers and Bell asking them to convince me and they just read me the plans they have right off their website so it's a waste of time, they don't seem to even care if you switch to their company or not. The Telus person actually asked me why I didn't just try and negotiate with Fido retentions, she was almost arguing that I f'ed by even calling her and should stick with Fido!



Can anyone offer me any advice? I'm no longer on contract and could go with any company but I'd like at least 2GB data a month since I use my ipad with the mobile hotspot. I'm in the province of Quebec if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Cheers





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113762&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire