jeudi 14 novembre 2013

recovering files from wastebasket

Here's what I did.

I was going through a folder on my desktop and noticed a file that seemed empty. Clicked on it and up came "Hp photosmart studio" with what appeared to be copies of all the folders on my desktop. So I garbaged them. Back to a curiously empty desktop. Not good. Not a disaster for I had followed the advice here and made Carbon Copy Clone backups of both our macbooks (OS 10.4 and OS10.6), but not good. Time had passed since the backups.

So how to recover. I followed a thread here and as a result downloaded File Salvage to begin the recovery.

2 questions though. Why were those folders in a non-mac application in the first place and how do I get File Salvage from this computer (10.6) to the one with the deleted files (10.4)?

Thanks.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113370&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire