samedi 22 mars 2014

Cable question - direct or not connection for modem

So I have a question. Since I left rogers and went with vmedia.ca

I have disconnected the cable jacks at my network work panel that feeds the cable outlets in the house.

What I did was directly connect the outside / street feed to my modem, but I installed a -3db filter to the line. Should I or can do with out the filter? My concern is firing my cable modem if signal is too strong with out it. The manual of the Thomson 476 mentions a splitter but I guess they saying that for safety?



Any advise or ideas. Thanks in advance. :-)





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1jgeR5M

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi, what an amazing web blog. I regularly contribute hours on the net examining on the web diaries on various subjects. In addition, I really might need to praise you for forming such an amazing article.
    office cabling
    network cabling
    cable companies in toronto

    RépondreSupprimer