jeudi 20 mars 2014

Using iPhone 4s overseas?

I'm traveling to South Africa for a month. I once made a mistake and made a cell call in the USA back to Canada. Coast me $240... roaming charges!!! Won't do that again.

So, what should I do/not do when traveling to stay in touch with the Manitoba organizations I am involved with? I can leave them a message that I may not respond for a day or two. Here's my thinking...



I will only use use my browser when I have access to free WiFi at airports, hotels, friends' homes.



I will NOT use my phone for calls local or long distance. Nor answer any calls. I'm thinking it's too expensive?



I can buy a 30 day unlimited text option for $30. That's reasonable.



What should I shut off on my phone to do the above? Any other considerations?



What setting do I shut off on my 4s or change?



Much thanks!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1gfsSOZ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire