dimanche 16 mars 2014

The Text That Never Arrived

I have a buddy who was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and suffered a serious brain injury from his impact with a vehicle that turned left in front of him. He spent nearly two months in hospital and after recent tests has been deemed not fit to return to work for at least six more months. While there is no visible damage he is facing some serious issues with memory and concentration, and has been told he can no longer drive.



That noted, he has come to depend on me during weekdays to help pass the time via texting and also for rides to appointments and some shopping, etc. The good news is that he is improving all the time, although frustrated as his short term memory is his biggest issue. His long term memory is normal, but anything since the accident is gone and he retains little without writing it down.



I got a text from him three days ago, asking me why I had not answered a text he sent to me a few days before that. I responded that I had not received any such text. He insisted he had sent it and "it was't my knock on the noggin" either, he really did send it.



We both have iPhones, his a 4S and mine a 5, are both on Telus and all texting between us is via iMessage when he and I are each at our homes.



His wife brought him over for a visit yesterday and he showed me the text, clearly there on his iPhone using my number on a long thread. I searched my iPhone again and saw all of his texts except the one he referred to. I save all his texts in a single thread as well and could determine the date and time he sent it and checked the corresponding date and time on my iPhone. Nothing.



So, my question is, how can a text 'go MIA' like that? Just how reliable is texting anyway? Any others have this type of experience?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/NkdWlM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire