lundi 10 mars 2014

Wordpress.org - best way to start?

Hi folks,



I'm finally going to redesign my website.

It was done by me using a template in RapidWeaver a long time ago.



Technology has changed and I'm looking at using Wordpress.org



Current site is hosted by hostpapa.



In reading the instructions, I can install WP to my hostpapa site.

But I question it for 2 reasons:



1. I've read I can created a folder to store the newly created WP, but I may still screw that up and don't want to overwrite my current site.



2. I'd prefer to create it on my Mac in WP then upload it when it's done. Apparently, I can create a local server to test it?



I found a premium theme which looks very customizable which I'll install afterwards.



So, my questions to you:



Am I nuts to try and create it on my Mac then upload via FTP when done?



Or should I just install on the hostpapa server and go from there?



Is there a 'best practice' or 'common procedure' to install WP?



I don't travel much so I wouldn't be updating the site except for an occasional blog which I understand can be done with an app.



Thanks in advance. I'd love to hire a web developer to do it for me, but I simply don't have the funds at this point in time. Plus, I don't mind trying something new - just a bit confused on how to start! lol



Cheers,

keebler





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1kcvrkb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire