samedi 22 mars 2014

Mavericks unable to mount some DVDs on FW optical drive?

So I finally bit the bullet and made the quantum leap from a Quad-G5 running 10.5.8 to a Mac Mini Server running Mavericks (10.9.2).



I currently have a firewire chain from the Mini to an external HD, and then from there to a DVDRW. One issue I've had is that I am unable to mount some DVDs in the optical drive: audio CDs mount fine no problem, many DVDs I've burnt of downloaded purchase software work, but things such as factory original software refuse to mount:




  • DiskWarrior 4

  • Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows (trying to mount to load it into a Parallels instance)

  • Microsoft Windows XP






These are all original (i.e. boxed versions) of the software. The DVDs mount fine on my wife's MBP (running 10.6.x). As a test I've checked several store-bought intsallers, and a mix of UDF and ISO9660 discs have all mounted successfully.







Has anybody experienced optical drive issues in Mavericks?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1gniPYd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire