mercredi 12 mars 2014

Killed 4 macs in a week HELP

Ok Some help PLEASE !!



Im no slouch when it comes to Macs..



I shelved a hand full of Macs for the past 4 or so years and recently attempted to put them to use again for my kids.

I tired to activate my G4 400 Tower,G4 Quicksilver, G4 Gigabit and iMac LCD 17" G4 400.





G4 400 Tower

Has a Dual 500 processor in it (also tried with original 400)

Will on occasion boot from 10.4 on a new install on a empty (1) partition drive then stall

Will partially install (from DVD) 10.4 onto a empty drive but stalls always.

Removed and installed original and different RAM

Tried different HD and have removed everything from the Tower non essential.

Boots to desktop on occasion then allows you do do one thing then freezes.



Same on G4 Quicksilver, G4 Gigabit and iMac LCD 17"



I also have a daily used Mac Mini that died at same time

Mini was isolated to boot from external CD and external HD and it still froze.(removed upper HD and DVD board and booted… it started the Leopard installer and attempted to install it on the External FW drive but stalled..multiple attempts.



iMac LCD 17" 400mhz (with the neck)

Fires up and actually works the longest on internal HD and internal DVD works when it wants but again freezes randomly.



I killed them all in one week. Im very worried I have some kind of hardware issue bug or something…



ITs not normal to kill this many devices in a single week.

Or did I let them sit too long on a shelf and the daily used Mini just had its time and it was coincidence.



Any comments are welcome..



I can only figure motherboard… but I'm at a loss for words..



I killed my entire fleet less my 27" iMac… My mini was my second daily device.



Chris





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1fvxIqe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire