dimanche 9 mars 2014

MacBook Pro 15 love

Wow...



It's been a long time since I last posted something here....



I recently scored the following for a killer deal:



MacBook Air, 1,1, 1.6 GHZ

MacBook Pro, 4,1 2.4 GHZ



The Air I got for $250, and the Pro I received for FREE!



Now, both needed some work:



- the Air needed a new hard drive, so I installed this:



Kingspec 1 8" ZIF CE 128GB SSD FOR Macbook AIR 1st REV A1237 Toshiba Satellite | eBay



I found the ZIF connector VERY loose once it was plugged into the new ZIF SSD. In fact, whenever I placed the Air in my backpack to head to work, inevitable, the machine would not boot to the friendly Apple symbol. Rather, the Air reported no hard!



Solution: I removed the little black tape covering the connector to the OEM drive and placed it on top of the ZIF connector, then reinstalled. No problems ever since.



The Air needs new hinges though, which are on order. This machine is quite easy to qork on thanks to:



iFixit: The free repair manual



The MacBook Pro: the machine's hard drive was dead, and installing a new one was easier than I thought, despite stories about how difficult it was to remove the upper case. The lower case was in brutal shape, so I ordered a newer, less beat-up case of eBay and had it installed by a local Mac repair shop (way too arduous a task for me!).



After installing a fresh OS, I was surprised how fast this machine performed. 2.4 GHZ is a relatively common speed in this house (Mac-wise, LOL!) as all our home Macs sport that processor. Now the "M" and "O" keys don't work. Very odd.



People say that Macs are brutal to work on, but I love the challenge! (save for that bottom case).





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1k7IzHg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire