jeudi 20 mars 2014

Hard Drive Running Out Of Room!

Hi Gang,



I thought I'd post a general query to get other people's take on this... I have a mid 2011 27" iMac that's about a year and a half old. I got it with the upgraded Core i7 processor, 8 GB of memory, AMD Radeon 1024 graphics, and the 1T HD. My use is just general home stuff, word processing, web surfing, maybe burning an occasional disc or manipulating a file. Anyways, at the time the 1T hard drive was plenty as my prior computer only had a couple hundred gigs on it. Unfortunately all that changed a year ago when I got a beautiful B&W A7 AirPlay speaker last year and I've since put most of my music collection on the computer in ALAC. It's working great but I've pretty much maxed out my HD with only 50 gigs free! Obviously there isn't any room for adding material and I think it's not even optimal in terms of free swap space on the drive, so I'm left with 2 possibilities: move my iTunes media library to a dedicated external HD (connected by USB2 or Lightning?), or upgrade my iMac to a more recent one with a 3T HD. What would you do and what's the most cost effective solution? If I do use an external HD I'm just concerned about running into problems using it to stream AirPlay content and also backing it up (I'm using TimeMachine on a dedicated drive and then running Super Duper on a second drive occasionally). And then I'd be paying for a drive that I would outgrow once it was time to upgrade my computer. I could also replace the computer but I've still got a year-and-a-half left of my AppleCare warranty and a new computer won't have the built in CD drive that I do use quite a bit. But on the other hand I'd get the highest resale now which I could put towards a new machine. Soooo, what would you do?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1gfQdjE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire