dimanche 30 mars 2014

Firefox keeps slowing down...

I started to use Firefox to replace Camino - closest I could find as a replacement that gives me the features I absolutely need.



At the beginning things went well - I loaded two add-ons which gave me the additional functionality I had with Camino, actually even slightly better, and FF was much quicker than Camino in loading sites.

FF also had some nice ways of automatically saving text entries of fields in web forms so I didn't have to retype them.

So far so good but over time FF really started to slow down.



A google search came up with a suggestion to "reset" (or words to that effect if FF slowed down.

I tried that and it solved the problem but it also wiped out some of my user names I had saved for certain websites (which the "reset" was not supposed to affect.



But a few days, say a week later, FF became noticeably slower again.

This time a message came up that there was a software update available.

I updated FF and the speed was back where it was originally - nice and very fast.

That was afew days ago and now I notice FF starting to load websites slower and slower again.



I don't really feel like "resetting" FF every week or two and then have to dig out my user names for the various websites I visit.



Just wondering if anyone on ehMac is using FF or what other alternatives are to replace Camino.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1ofVNH7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire