jeudi 13 novembre 2014

finding a neighbour whose network is open

In the coming months, I will be housesitting at a friend's home.



When I was there last week and showing some features that they can use when away. Taking their MacBook Air.



I went on-line to answer the query about mini-port/thunderbird port to use for viewing their iTunes video collection with a rocket-fish adapter to a smart television.



I realized that I was not on their wi-fi connection.



The signal was strong, so I assume must be nearby.



Is there anyway that I could let this person know that their network is open ? Their service provider could be one of three or four and not the same as my home ip.



Go for walks and knock on doors in the area ? Suggestions ?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1xRPyKi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire